Planning a wedding can be stressful, there are many pieces of the puzzle to consider! Destination weddings require even more planning and attention to detail… So don’t miss out on our Insider Tips for planning your Arizona destination wedding the right way!
TOP 10 Tips:
- The Internet Is Your Best Friend: Do all of your research ahead of time and don’t skip the small stuff! The good news is – you’re already in the right place for researching Arizona destination weddings 😉 . But do your due diligence and make sure that everything is the right fit.
- Tour the Venue Before Booking: If you are able to, try visiting the venue you are considering in person! If you can’t visit in person ask the venue if they have a property video for you to review! You can request a tour right on our site – finestweddingsites.com!
- Send Invitations ASAP: Destination weddings are costly. Be mindful of this by notifying your guests in advance so they have enough time to determine whether they can afford to attend.
- Weather Considerations: Be mindful of your destination’s climate. Based on the season, you may want to rethink your choice in hairstyle or wedding party attire. If there is a chance of rain on your wedding day, make sure the venue also offers an indoor option for your ceremony and/or reception.
- Plan Guest Activities: The appeal of an Arizona destination wedding is for you and your guests to enjoy the wedding just as much as any vacation! Make sure to take advantage of all the opportunities to sightsee and soak up the environment you are in. Traveling to Northern Arizona? Plan a trip to the Grand Canyon for the day! Or have Microvacations handle all your guest activity planning – they can plan a full day or a full week of events for your family and friends!
- Hire a Good Planner: This one is obvious. Since you are new to the area, hiring a planner is the best way to feel comfortable with all of your decision making. A good planner will make it easy for you, as they are already familiar with local venues and vendors, and can make great recommendations.
- Pack Your Dress as a Carry-On!! We cannot stress this enough… You don’t want to arrive at your destination, and your dress doesn’t make it with you! Staying in the United States? There are airlines that allow garment bags for carry-on travel: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue, Southwest, and United Airlines (you’re welcome).
- Approximate Your Guest Count: We know this one is hard, but it is especially important to calculate (in advance) an approximate guest count for destination weddings. Considerations for selecting a venue will depend on the capacity range, proximity to the airport, and whether there are enough rooms available.
- Organization Is Key: Throughout the planning process, make sure you are always one step ahead of the game. On your planning visits, make sure to have to-do lists ready and be prepared with questions for every appointment—it is crucial to take quality notes in order to make an informed decision. (Get your FREE Wedding Checklist)
- Relax: Although everything may seem overwhelming – remember why you are planning the wedding in the first place. Enjoy every minute and accept that there will be a few unexpected bumps along the way.
Planning your dream Arizona Destination Wedding
– Why Couples Love Arizona
Couples love Arizona for its natural splendor, encompassing a variety of climates and unparalleled beauty. Northern Arizona is known for greenery and cooler temps, even experiencing some snow fall in the winter months! Breathtaking red rock formations of Sedona set the scene for gorgeous wedding photography, as well as beautiful hiking trails. Northern Arizona is also home to the Grand Canyon, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World!
Southern Arizona is known for warmer temperatures as you enter the Sonoran Desert, where bold saguaros stand tall against the desert skyline, creating a picturesque backdrop for any wedding. Venues in Southern Arizona exemplify true Southwestern influences. Couples continue coming to Arizona because it offers a range of destination hot spots that fit any style… and let’s not forget the unbelievable sunsets!
Main Image: The Boulders Scottsdale Resort & Spa